Requirements for Working with Me
Please note that I not only offer groupwork, trainings, mentorship programs, and apprenticeship programs, but also individual and couples work.
If you are considering working with me and have read my bio, here are some basic requirements:
- You have had previous psychotherapy or counseling. If you haven’t had such experience, I have colleagues — all of whom have been trained by me — I may be able to refer you to for work (perhaps with a possible goal of at some point attending one of my groups, trainings, a couples intensive, or some individual work with me).
- You have read my book Bringing Your Shadow Out of the Dark.
- You are not currently on long-term psycho-pharmaceutical medications (with a few exceptions, such as when you are engaged in skillfully tapering down your dosage with medical supervision).
- You have no active addictions. If you’ve had an addiction to minor drug use/porn/eating/alcohol, you’ll need to be at least 3 months clean/sober/free of such addiction before working with me.
- You have no illicit drug usage.
- For couples intensives, I only work with those who are living together in a basically solid monogamous relationship and who are deeply committed to staying together long term, with each partner being already willing to do whatever work is required to strengthen and deepen the relationship.
- An individual session (which is a prerequisite for further work with me) is 45 minutes for $250.
If you meet the above guidelines, please fill out our client application form and return it to us.